Aah first dates. I have yet to meet a person who enjoys the first date without having a haunting of anxiety especially in the minutes leading up to the date. And for some, even, the date is so horrifyingly scary that the butterflies don’t ease until they get more than enough a helping of alcohol. Others feel jittery well into their unrestful sleep, thinking only about how horribly it went and how doomed they are in every first date they get themselves into.
It is this exact same kind of fear and case of nerves that cause people to act other than themselves during a first date. And that’s just not how it should be! The best way to enjoy your first date is to be yourself – that way, you’ll attract and impress the right woman who will appreciate and enjoy your company all for the right reasons.
Tips for your first date
If you’re unsure of whether being yourself is a great idea or not, or you’re just unsure about how to get it done, here are some tips on how to be yourself on a first date – nerves and all:
- Relax yourself before leaving the house. Do everything that will calm your nerves. Dance and exhaust your jitters away, have a concert in the bathroom, or have a swig of alcohol (not too much, you don’t want to be drunk, just relaxed; besides, you don’t want to get into trouble with the breathalyzer!) before leaving the house. Do your crazy ritual too if need be!
- Dress in your best. Don’t dress up like the pinup guy on Cosmo that girls drool about. Don’t even dress up like Justin Beiber! Get inspiration from them, but don’t strive to be them. Dress up the way you think you look best and more importantly, dress up in a way that you’re most comfortable!
- Give yourself a good pep talk. You’re awesome, you’re lovable, and you’re very attractive. That simple line will work wonders on your ego and will have you ready for your date in no time.
- Tell yourself the truth: it’s just a date. It’s just a date and you don’t have to end up married by the end of the night. So why fuss so much about it? It’s not that big a deal until it becomes a real big deal. Don’t think about the second date, or even getting the second date just yet. Take it one date at a time – that’s a great way to enjoy a date, isn’t it?
- Be honest in everything. Don’t worry about her not accepting you for who you are. That does not make you less of a person if she does not accept you for who you are. Remember, your date does not define who you are and lying about yourself will not lead to anything good, let alone a lasting relationship.
Want more tips? Visit where pickup artists share their knowledge on dating and seduction.
You’d be better off with a woman who will love and accept you for all that you are so don’t try to be anything you’re not because it’s really not worth it.